Comic Books are my inspiration

Edith continues to draw me in with her perpetually worried expressions. See?

Cute. Though, I guess she should be worried considering all she's been through.


So while I was playing around taking pictures for Chapter 6, Edith and Michael were chatting on the bed. At some point, Edith rolled over while still talking to him apparently to take a nap.

Or maybe she was just pissed at him. Either way, I love how sims can now do two things at once, like chatting and cooking or holding a baby and sitting.

I hate how limited the animations are. I swear that TS2 had more animations with the base game. At least, I know it had more intimate interactions which had all sorts of uses. TS3 seems to have more conversation animations-- I know it has more conversation options depending on traits and actions and all that.


Went home to clear out some stuff today and dug out ALL my old comic books. It's a lot of comic books. While I was flipping through a few, I was all-- "Oh. This explains a lot about Ruin." I really am obsessed!


I generally refrain from talking about the story unless I am writing to myself to figure things out. So I just want to say that the last chapter (number 6) really came out better than I expected. Was sort of putting it off I think probably for a few reasons.

With this story, the whole world its set in, its so old, something I thought up for fun over the course of years and clutched closely never sharing. Its hard to throw it out there-- some part of myself that is a little bit truer than anything else I've ever shared. But working on this one is just so comfortable!

I also found one of my printed binders full of stories and characters from the same time and the same world. One very large printed binder. There are two more just like it somewhere.


The responses have really been wonderful. Thank you those of you who're taking the time to read my little story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say, apparently, that you shouldn't talk about your stories because it zaps the magic or something but I don't know. I don't go into the intricate details and I keep things very vague so I guess it just depends on the individual.

Can they cook and talk? I haven't seen that yet. Man, I really need to play more. I do like they can do two things at once. It used to bug me that they only happened when they were eating in TS2, although later, they were able to chat and watch tv so that was something.

Awwww that's such a cute picture of Edith hugging Michael.

What sort of comic books were you into? I am more a manga/manwha girl myself. I read a lot of Ai Yazawaa's Nana - it's such a wonderful story. I can't wait to hunt down the movie and the anime when I go overseas.

The Lunar Fox said...

I am sure I've seen them cook and talk, but that was with the ahem... unofficial version. I haven't noticed them chatting while cooking yet. Maybe there's a trick to it. Like I have to have them chatting first and then send someone off to cook.

I do enjoy manga, just not the price! Though I did find one box of old mangas. My niece grabbed that though as soon as she saw it.

The rest (four boxes at least) were all super hero comics. Mostly X-Men from the 90's and their affiliate titles, graphic novels, quite a bit of Batman and Superman.

While reading a bit on X-men, that was where I had the light bulb. People with powers and complicated relationships/drama? That sounds familiar!


And isn't that pic cute? Though from her expression, I might think that he hugged her and it's just so out of character she's a bit worried.

Carla said...

They can cook and talk? I don't know if I've seen that yet! That's nifty!

When I'm playing TS2, I find I really miss the nested animations you're talking about - doing other things while holding a baby or toddler is the main one. EA fixed a lot of little annoyances with AL and I wonder how much trouble it would have been to add that in. Oh well.

Edy gives such great expressions. She really does look pissed at him in that second shot.

Post a Comment