Whenever I need inspiration

I make sims. Or at least, TS3 sims. I have never enjoyed making sims so much before. Something about the puddingness of TS3 makes the sims really appealing to me. Like I can reach out and pinch their little cheeks.

So the other night I made this guy here. He'll make an appearance in Ruin at some point (as a random background character, nothing more), but he's content to hang out and wait. True to his character, he's patient and rather laid back. He doesn't talk much, but he does smile a lot so he appears friendly at least.

I loved that thread where Stacy/Medlymisty asked about obsession. Yeah, been there. I don't usually talk about it though. Never outloud to anyone. I don't gush about the characters or even talk about them, which I guess is good because I hope that makes you want to read. XD

But I do get obsessed with characters of mine and I want to know more. The only way I know how is to look at their lives and dig. Generally, I start with the present, then hop into the past. I basically decide that I want to know what is going on with this character.

Recently, I had an old character appear out of no where and completely disobey me until he had to be written into the story. (Thanks dude.) This one here sort of waved his hand, "Aw, you don't wanna know more about me." Yes, yes I would. "Nah, it's okay."

But I got really really curious then. Why's he being so coy and mysterious?


Then I saw a scene where this guy was talking to one of the characters from Michael & Edith's story. And this new third character appeared out of no where. Truthfully, I don't know that I want her to be a part of his story. I worry that I repeat themes too much and I'll get stuck on the same one over and over again.

But then I stop and think, "Well, so what?" My story, my world, right? If this is his story, his secret that I somehow stumbled upon, well then that should be that.


Things about him that I know: His blond hair and blue eyes stand out. There aren't a lot of blonds in my world. He is friendly; it's disarming. He's dangerous and has a lot of status in both the Wildlands and the Neutral Territory. So he's one of my few characters who gets to dress nicely.

Which makes me realize that I need more nice clothes for males. My trusted sites don't have much it seems. Of course, I can also use some nice hairs for males. I seem to like hair that falls into faces.


She is utterly human. No powers, though I imagine she has an artistic streak she's never been able to mine, so it's hidden even from her. She's quiet, but curious about the things around her. There are a lot of things she knows she doesn't know and couldn't imagine, but she will do what she has to. She has a strong sense of responsibility and is thankful for whatever she has.



I can definitely see a story. (geeze, can't I always?) Don't know what to do with these side stories. There aren't usually many as most end up getting absorbed into the main story. Maybe, if things work out, I might start a separate blog or something for the side stories that are separate from the main. I have to admit, I sort of hate doing that. That gets messy. I'm not nearly organized enough.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Whatever you end up doing with these Sims, they are amazing as always. I'm always swooning over your TS3 Sims. I don't think it's hard to make nice Sims in TS3 but I do think it can be difficult to make Sims with a lot of character in their faces and you seem to have a knack for that.

Anonymous said...

*ears perk up* side stories ... You know I'm there if you ever decide to go ahead with that idea but don't feel like you have to if you decide you don't want to.

Those jiao (spelling?) skins look really nice on your sims. I love the hairstyles you chose for both of them and I have to admit, I'm the same. I love hair that falls into men's faces, particular over one eye.

Both characters sound very very intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing them pop up whenever they decide to make an appearance.

And don't worry about repeating themes. I do it all the time and it's usually on an unconscious level but now and then, I'll pick up on it.

As you said, your story, your world. You do whatever you want.

I agree with Carla, you have a knack for creating truly unique looking characters that harbour a lot of expression in their faces.

I used to not like making sims much either but that puddingness is to damn cute. I've had more of an appreciation for it since playing Sim Agents.

mmmcheezy225 said...

I agree with both Carnaxa and Carla, you have an amazing talent with sim-creation. All my sims in the beginning seemed almost soulless. Of course, now that I've gotten used to the game, they have some soul...but they still lack that character in their face. And I share your love for the pudding, lol! It used to annoy me, but with the development of slider hacks, I guess I've grown fond of the pudding faces now that I'm not FORCED to use them, you know? Lol!

A side story would be nice, if it won't distract you too much. Aw heck, even if it does distract you, it will distract us as well...so it works out. :)

I often find myself making characters and thinking "It would be a good story if this sim..." and then I get completely off-track with my other story, and it basically leads to a little island of abandoned stories. Something tells me that you'd have a little more self control though, lol. And if not, we can try to make it through the flightiness together. :)

Good luck with that possible side story!

The Lunar Fox said...

Thanks, Carla. I agree with you, I don't think it's difficult at all, though I remember that at first it seemed daunting. (Even the best sim can still look weird out in the sunlight I've noticed.) Just took a lot of getting used to their faces I think.


I'm still thinking about it, Carnaxa. I am thinking I would definitely like to keep all stories on one blog, just for my own ease. But this story wouldn't be for months yet then. I need to finish Paula's first. Am almost there, so long as no other characters decide to rile things up.

Though I wish I could be awesome enough to make hair. Or even to convert hair.

As for the themes, ah, well, I figure if they're done well enough, it doesn't matter, right? As long as the story is different.

Thanks, Carnaxa.



Thanks, Cheezy. You know, I actually haven't used any slider hacks for a while! These two weren't made using slider hacks. Don't know why, I think it's too much for me to handle, lol.

I'm thinking I'll throw the story in as a break from one story to the next.

Oh the flightiness! lol! Well, it helps that I write these things down so I can return to them later when I'm actually more focused. But the way I do it is a mess. But I don't wanna jinx it, you know? If it's working pretty much, I'll just limp along with it, lol.

Post a Comment