World previews

All right, I admit I had some issues with Create a World. But nothing that's been too discouraging. The very worst was last night. I think I just spent way too much time editing in game. I have to use that sparingly. Either just to look or to place a lot here or there. And when I save, I need to walk away from the computer.


So some first peeks, at least the ones I am happy with. (Click to enlarge.)




Huh, floating shadows. I hope that doesn't become a problem! But I'll work with it if it is. I don't want those hills completely bare.

Also, near the mine, I have made a lot to put down a special tomb just for my own amusement.


This is one of my favorite views. Near by I've put a community lot just so sims can have picnics on a hillside meadow that will overlook the town. I did not get pics of this meadow unfortunately. And I also have to test it to be sure that sims really can use it the way I intend them too. (Not for the story, just for my own fun again.)


I love this far a little too much. The building in the distance is actually a little french farmhouse I downloaded.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Carla said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

What are those circles near the mine in the second picture?

The Lunar Fox said...

Thanks guys!

Carla, those are the spawners. Around the mine, I've put down spawners for metal. There's a spawner over in the farm field too. That's some lady bugs and seeds. I have other bugs stashed away. And on the beach at night where you can see a meteor shower, I've put down some meteor spawners.

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous world Lunar. I love the views of the surrounding landscape. There is definitely a rural feel to this. I wonder if this is where Paula will eventually find herself... just me thinking out loud.

I love the mines in CAW - especially the one that has the scary looking eyes in it.

The Lunar Fox said...

Thanks. I was definitely going for the small town feel here. Later on, I'll add onto the world and add in the rest of Ruin. I'm pretty sure I can do it. All of that was pretty much an accident when I didn't know what I was doing.

Oh interesting thought, too. I can tell you she'll be seeing this place in about three weeks.

The mines are awesome. I think I need a waterfall too at some point. I love waterfalls.

mmmcheezy225 said...

I think it's lovely! It has a quaint type of feel to it...kind of like a suburban countryside with an urban tint. Does that make sense? Lol!

Either way, it's lovely, and it looks like a great place to tell stories in.

The Lunar Fox said...

lol, thanks. That is exactly what I'm going for. It's like a little farming town just outside of the city in my story.

K. Hoisington said...

OMG! It's beautiful! I love the little guest house the best!

And how, oh how did you get your fences to look broken? Is that a fence you downloaded and placed on a lot? Do we have terrain paint (other than in CAW) that looks like farm fields? I have a faux farm (not a lot) that's next to the science center with a satellite dish and the water tower. Is it really a farm, or is it an undercover holding pen for experiments...? ;)

The Lunar Fox said...

In CAW that's the long fence. I was too lazy to take the time in messing with the short fences.

And yes! Thanks to Martine, there is the CAW megapack which is awesome and includes a bunch of extracted EA textures including more crops. It's on her blog here and at MTS.


And lol, I love that. CAW is actually a lot of fun to play with once you get going! So many ideas pop up while creating.

K. Hoisington said...

Woot! Thanks for the link to Martine's! I am so downloading more textures!

Post a Comment