Sim to share and a game/peek

First up I offer a sim!


This sim was inspired by a good friend who gave me a link to this doll. I wanted to create a sim to resemble her.






I was playing with her looks, so this was the last outfit I actually had her in:


It's definitely a store outfit. Part of the steam punk set I think.




Heck if I know where I got the hair from. Pretty sure it's one of Miss Bonbon's recolors which can be found at GOS. The eyes are actually contacts by Heiret which I can't seem to find, but they were linked over at My Sims 3 Blog. And the eyeshadow here is Tri-tone shadow by arfmoo at MTS.

That's it. I didn't use any slider hacks so she should be fine in anyone's game. I gave her a random name and some random traits.

Sim to share (Mediafire link) Just put the file in your savedsim folder and she'll appear in the pre-made sim folder of CAS with traits and everything.




Also, over at TSR (I know, players are all, "TSR??" But I like the forum. Generally friendly and pretty drama free even if it's a little stifling with so many rules), we had a discussion about the faces of sims. That's why I was asking on Twitter what faces people recognized easier.

Even before I liked their faces, I could tell TS3 faces apart right away. With TS2 sims, unless they look really unique or they're my sims, I can't tell them apart. Give them different hair, and usually they look the same to me.

I think that shows in my sim creations. I can see the differences and I have a lot of fun molding them.

For the story, I play around with the faces, and I don't rely on the game's aging system to age their faces realistically. Instead, I tweak them to make them look older or younger. They're story sims after all, so they aren't meant for playing really. I've even gone so far as to age up toddlers with the edit in CAS feature of the supercomputer, edit their faces, then age them back down and save.

So here's a little game. I saved some story sims to the bin and de-aged them. Lets see how well I did it and how distinguishable they are.

There's probably only one that is really randomly tossed out there, but you've seen her. Once on this blog, and very recently in the story blog. ;)



Sim 1



Sim 2

(TS3 toddlers will eat you. Do not turn your back. Seriously. *walks you backwards to the next pic*)


Sim 3


Sim 4

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLOMPS! You made her. She looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing. I grabbed her to plonk into my game. Can't wait to play her!

And your sims always look unique, you have a knack for creating them. It is scary about the toddlers. First time I saw them, I was a bit scared myself! Wonder if they were trying to incorporate the whole baby fat thing toddlers have going but it sort of went pear shaped!!

The Lunar Fox said...

XD She was an interesting exercise in molding a sim. Her lips were the most difficult part. Because they're so small, they're going to look weird when she smiles. And I think I noticed a small thing at the corner of her mouth that might be something like a tooth!

But but-- you didn't play the game! Who are those sims? At least let me know that you can tell who they are, lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't either!

Sim 3 looks like Vivian, I compared her photo to the one you have up on the family tree, LOL!

Sim 1 really looks like Cheryl, a younger version but I don't know.

Sim 2 looks like Paula to me.

Sim 4 looks familiar but I can't really say who it is.

Carla said...

Oh, I really love that Sim! I've downloaded her and will plop her into my game next time I play.

OK, the game...

Sim 1 - I have no clue! Oh no, wait...Paula's mum? Cheryl?
Sim 2 - I'm thinking Paula too.
Sim 3 - I had to go back and look at the family tree to check Paula's mum's name and I noticed that Sim 3 looks like Vivian.
Sim 4 - Is that Henri? The nose is pretty distinctive.

The Lunar Fox said...

Thanks guys! You guys win.

Sim 1 is definitely Cheryl. I'm thinking around age 20.

Sim 2 is definitely Paula. I didn't mess with her face at all.

Sim 3 is definitely Vivian around age 13/14.

Sim 4 is Henri. I think I made his head a little too narrow. I'd say that's around 17 years old. It's good he at least looks familiar to you, Carnaxa.

And that nose, lol! I should just go and pull it down. Too much space between his nose and his top lip, I think.

Laura said...

Wow, I never would have guessed #4 was Henri! And I don't know if I would have guessed Paula right away for #2, but I see it now. Vivian was the most obvious though. She's very striking and just pretty, at any age. Not a wonder her boys turned out so cute ;)

You know, even in Sims 2 I usually end up pulling noses up or down every time they age. The game engines just really can't predict where a feature is supposed to be. You'd think there would be some kind of proportional formula for where a nose should start or stop on a face, regardless of size or shape. I could probably write one if they wanted, lol!

The Lunar Fox said...

Really? I still see him, but you know, less angry, less tired looking. Maybe I changed too much? But I figure that in Henri time 30 years was a very long time.

And thanks Vivian turned out really really well. She's definitely meant to be a beauty.


Isn't that weird, but true? I think that the TS3 engine for aging is really really bad though. Really bad. Luckily it's easy to make changes to their faces in TS3, and those changes are genetic since the gene system is so stupid compared to TS2.

Post a Comment