Lot tearing Boo

I'm lucky I don't have this issue. My world is so small that there are few lots. (Maybe 15? I have never counted.)

But if anyone stumbles across this blog and somehow doesn't know about the lot tears, I'd like to throw up this link about lot tearing and now about saving which I got from Poida of Wasteland. SO sad! I guess once I'm done with this world, there will be no meddling with it or adding onto it.

Right now, the problems are easy to fix. I guess the deal is that you'd have to sculpt, then lay down the roads, and then lay down the lots. Yikes. That would take some serious in depth planning so that you aren't figuring that out in game.

And that is probably a little too much for me! But that's probably why they took so long to release the tool.

Though I will have to say I disagree with LeeMortis. Even with these issues, I am very glad to have this tool. It has come in very handy.



And a sneak peek... at my lot tear.


Boo lot tear. Luckily, it's been easy so far to fix. Minor ones I've just decided to completely ignore. This tear was in a pristine picture taking area, and the lot is completely by itself, so I can't screw this up. Even if I do, the world is mostly done and I've already exported it, so so even if something happens to my saves, I'm pretty good. *knocks on wood*

8 comments:

Laura said...

Awww, that sucks about the lot tear! Those hills are so pretty though! The world creation tool looks so very complicated! I'm not sure if I'd even want to go through the trouble. Are there not base maps to start from, like there was in Sims 2?

But anyway, the main point of this comment is that I just want to chant, in a sing-songy voice, "Brandon has a girlfriend, Brandon has a girlfriend..." LOL!

And oooh, she's the pretty one we saw on here before :)

Laura said...

And hmmm, who is the little girl??? Would that make the woman Brandon's girlfriend, or his baby-momma??? OMG, I'm writing whole stories in my head over these pictures, lol!

The Lunar Fox said...

CAW is indeed very tricky. It SO reminds me of GIMP. Just when you think you've got it, something new comes along to ensure that you do not.

Thank goodness I started with something small!

There are base maps-- kinda. It's definitely not like Sims 2 though. I so wish it were!

You start out with two worlds to edit which are the already released ones-- Riverview and Sunset Valley-- but smaller version called "lite." So that's something. Otherwise you have altitude maps you can start with, but those have no roads or lots and are generally not flat, so they need to be worked.

And LOL! You have SUCH an active story teller's mind. Awesome. That very much made me laugh out loud and perked up my morning.

Carla said...

Do you know how long it took me to do anything in GIMP? Just the other day, I figured out how to crop. Yay for me. I'm such a photo-editing feeb, LOL.

But oooh, lot tears! Not good. I still have not really played around with CAW much but I'm going to pass this info onto my sister. She's less intimidated by this sort of thing than I am and definitely wants to have a go at creating her own world.

LOL @ Laura! I have to admit, I wondered who these two are and when and if they're going to show up in your story!

The Lunar Fox said...

I had the same problem. It was so frustrating. Especially cropping. I still have trouble, I forget all the time!

I hope your sister finds the information useful!

Anonymous said...

You really can't notice the lot tear, at least I can't. There have been some worlds I've installed that have had part of the grass obscuring the road and other weird stuff but it's hardly noticeable on your screenshots.

I love that pose the toddler is doing.

K. Hoisington said...

Ah, so those are lot tears! I thought it was the blatant holes that you sometimes get if you move a lot to a different place within the world.

I do get lot tears then, and what I do sometimes is A.) Try to fix it with the Conform tool, and if that doesn't work, then I do B.) Use the terrain tools in game to try and smooth the edges as best I can so that it blends in.

So far, I only have two lots! My science center is more of a backdrop than anything else, and my little fishing park is nestled right up against a hill, and it's the one I've noticed with the tearing. Hm.

Thanks for posting this, Lunar! I wasn't sure what exactly a tear was/is and now I do!

The Lunar Fox said...

I'll admit in that picture, it's not so noticeable, but it gets worse as you go further.

And that toddler pose, lol! She's moving onto the part where she flicks it. Or maybe she's thinking about eating it...


Oh man, there are holes when you move lots around? Geeze. I just end up redrawing the lot completely. That seems to fix the problem. At least so far.


I hope you post up some pics eventaully. I would so love to see your world!

Post a Comment