Cyclone

"All right, so I've been thinking..." Varina says as she opens the fridge to pull out a stack of ready made waffles. Kamil doesn't say anything in protest. "I said that I've been thinking. This is the part where you should protest or even sneak off to your room." She glances back at Kamil who sits at the counter on the cheap bar stools they were lucky enough to get for cheap.

But he says seriously, "What about?"

Varina shrugs, surprised that he wants to hear her thoughts. "Ok, so I'm not liking this work thing. I'm doing pretty good at the painting. I think I'm just going to focus on that."

She's prepared for him to protest-- they don't have a lot of money. They don't even have a couch yet. "Can I see one? You haven't shown me any of your paintings, you know."


So after breakfast, once he's changed into his one fancy suit, she lets him see her most recent piece.

"It's pretty good, if I do say so myself-- and I do because I, like, will have to sell it and stuff."


Something is clearly wrong now. He leans in a little too close, closer than he ever has before. "It's really good."

"So you don't mind my quitting to devote proper time to it?"

"Nah. I'm due for a promotion. We'll be fine for a while."

"Uh... ok..." Something is definitely wrong.

He heads off to his room, and she just shakes her head. Boys! Or at the very least Kamil who suddenly seems to think he's interested in her-- the girl who's like his sister. Maybe she's reading too much into it, but she's known him for a while and seen his moves and that was definitely a move.


Since she's quit her job, and Kamil heads in to work, Varina has plenty of time to herself. So of course she wants to visit the art museum! It's on her way out that she runs into a surprise. (It's upity Mr. Sword from this post-- at the bottom of the post.)




"You must really like art. This is the second time I've run into you here."


Does he ever! They stand around talking about art and making funny faces until the sun sets. She finds out that he's single and a little absent minded.

"So how can I be sure that you don't have a girlfriend? What if you've, like, just forgotten about her?"

He grins cheesily at her, "Well, then I'll just blame you."

The sun finally does set and they're still there, standing on the sidewalk in front of the art museum before they finally say good night.




The next day, they meet for lunch. She hasn't said a word to Kamil yet. It all seems too soon for her to say anything; she doesn't want to jinx it. But there was that weirdness between her and Kamil. Maybe she was only imagining it, but still she feels she should tread carefully.


**********

Kamil totally hit on her. I was surprised. I don't think that's a side effect of the Awesome mod. That was pretty neat. So I sort of want to give them more time to hang around and see what happens.

Cycl0ne was a surprise. I think he's just stalking her now, but they really hit it off easy. Maybe it's just because she is rather charismatic (and darn cute with her blue self).

7 comments:

Laura said...

Awww, I like Varina. And it looks like she's got a fair share of male attention as well ;) Is there any kind of attraction system in Sims 3? Or is there any reason she would choose one of these guys over the other? I really hope they add a full attraction system into one of the early EPs, like they did with Sims 2.

This might sound random, lol, but does the stretch skeleton cheat work in Sims 3? Have you tried that yet?

The Lunar Fox said...

From what I have read, there is currently no built in attraction system, so there's no reason she'd choose one over the other. I'm just going to run with it and see. So far though, she's only had wants related to Cycl0ne. She wanted to be his friend, and she had a want to get her first kiss from him.

Meanwhile, Kamil suddenly seems obsessed with a sim I don't think I saw him meet, but from what I can tell in his wants looks like a little cutie. Sometimes after he leaves his work, I lose track of him, and I'll find him chatting up ladies in the park or going out for drinks (where he has also met ladies-- I get a pop-up saying he's made the acquaintance of _________).

I was thinking about stretch skeleton, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll try when I play again!

Carla said...

Varina is cute. It seems like she might have a decision to make soon!

I wish they'd somehow worked out a way to give us different heights without a cheat. I haven't heard of anyone using stretchskeleton with TS3.

I have a few Sims that have minds of their own after work. I'll be expecting them home and then I'll go looking for them and they're off having drinks or soemthing.

The Lunar Fox said...

I love that sims have minds of their own! Most of my early sims returned home right away. I suppose because they had a family to return to.

Yeah, I gave stretch skeleton today, and it didn't recognize that cheat.

Anonymous said...

Oh, an update! With the formation of a possible love triangle! You touched on a good point about the lack of a built in attraction system like in TS2. It's one of the few things I miss about the game, but I have the feeling it'll be added to TS3 in an early expansion. I'm curious - are you going to let Varina make her own choice in this situation, or are you going to nudge her along?

Anonymous said...

Never mind me, if I had read more carefully before getting all hyper and making a comment, I would have seen you already said you were going to run with it. I was just so excited about the Nice Blue Sim and her two friends.

The Lunar Fox said...

LOL! It's okay. I've been playing with her and seeing who she'll choose. I might have to turn aging off for a bit so that I can have these guys standing around together.

It's kind of weird that there's no attraction system, and yet Kamil totally flirted in his own. Maybe I gave him the flirty trait.

Mostly, I'm just watching their wants at the moment. It's interesting to see, and I think I might have enough for another update.

Post a Comment