Toughen up


More than anything, Claire Ursine wants to be best friends with her daughter. But she's not quite sure what you do exactly.

Claire works hard to provide for the both of them. She is very careful at least to not let her young daughter know exactly what she does. Claire won't be going in for career day anytime soon.

She does what she can using her skills. Baking cookies is not her bag.


Where she gets the gifts from isn't important-- at least not to Claire and hopefully not to Kirsten either. But Claire is trying in the only way she knows how to reach out to her young daughter.


****************



Kirsten HATES mornings. She has to get her own self up.

She feeds her pet fish, Goldie, a gift from her mother. (It was kinda weird. It just was in her room one day. Kirsten still isn't sure if it's a boy or a girl, but goldie is a good name for either.)

She then feeds herself, usually cereal or toast and jam. Kirsten isn't allowed to use the stove, and her mother usually sleeps late due to late nights out. What she does is still a mystery to Kirsten, but it really doesn't bother her.

At school, Kirsten isn't exactly popular, but she has a few friends. She recently brought home Bella Bachelor, another kinda weird girl at school.


Both girls were excited. Without any parents around to bother them, they could do what they wanted.

They discussed their options. The beach is near-by, but Bella didn't want to get sand in her shoes. (Kirsten teased her about that for a good while.)

So they decided to play tag.

Let's just say they never got very far. Kirsten was rather annoyed. As soon as they get older and Bella gets more reasonable, these two could have some great fun. But Bella needs to toughen up first!

Kirsten and Claire cross paths in the evening while Kirsten sits down to some canned soup.

"How was your day?" Claire asks while trying to hide Kirsten's new surprise behind her back.

"Good," Kirsten says.





Ok, I'm thinking my next step would be to create my own town with sims I actually care about running around, with some extras in the library for the game to draw from.

It's neat when my sims read the paper and there are sims I know in the headlines. I think it's really cool. Don't know if I'll ever get around to re-building anything, but it would be a fun project I think. Maybe I'll work on it when I get bored or something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. You are right, my Legacy Sims have a tough life, because I'm playing for extreme points and also learning about what I can do with the game. I kind of feel bad for them sometimes, especially when I see Sims enjoying normal little things like Kristin did in this post. My poor Sev will may have a Steel Bladder before her teen birthday, but she will never play tag with a friend. Sniff.

Carla said...

Claire Ursine was the first family I played and I still have a little soft spot for her. She's fun.

I'm looking forward to see what you do with your own town. Did you see the customised town at Mt Geneva? It looks fantastic.

The Lunar Fox said...

Hi Catherine. I guess Saoz was right in the TSR thread where someone asked if anyone's gone back to TS2... I am more of a story type player than a game player. I like getting into their fake little heads and playing out their lives rather than going after goals.

"My poor Sev will may have a Steel Bladder before her teen birthday, but she will never play tag with a friend." LMAO! Another awesome sentence made possible my sims.


Hi, Sullivan! I did see Mt. Geneva, and I've been giving it a lot of thought. I haven't completely explored the town yet, so I'm thinking I might just start swapping out things I don't like with things I'd rather have while I go along. Like the central square in Sunset Valley-- I'm thinking I will replace it with another park. (I do like it, but it's in everyone's game.)

Like any households of "single mommies" are going straight out the window! I want that I'd want to play, even if I don't play them.

Victoria Gardens said...

In your thoughts to creating a town, I have to say, it is so much fun to play families you've created. I only built half a town, and called it "Victoria Gardens Community" so that I could still use the downtown sunsetvalley but the community would have it's own identity. I have five families so far and with the patch and the mod, zero problems playing them all. I started out with the clean hood on modthesims2 that still had all the community lots.

The Lunar Fox said...

I'll definitely be checking your town out. I can't wait until they release some actual town building tools. Playing Sims 3 is like delving into a sim world. I would so download custom neighborhoods just for exploration.

I've been eying the clean neighborhood for a while. I might just have to do it. ON the plus side, because there aren't any memories, it seems easier to just delete the families that aren't wanted.

Anonymous said...

Your reply to my comment made me grin. Oh, my poor Sims. One day, once I get used to how the game works, I'll be nice to them and take the time to get inside their heads, as you put it.

You have an excellent point about downloading custom hoods just for exploring. I never thought of it that way before. My goodness. That's going to be some crazy kind of fun!

Post a Comment