Dissonance

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Nah, I'm pretty tired."

He just couldn't be mad at her. For one, his problems with his latest love interest was definitely not her fault. And two, it was just impossible. The second he thought he was mad at her, she would give a smile or a hearty laugh with a raunchy joke.

It was a little weird that she slept in his bed. Nothing ever happened, accidental or otherwise. "I hate sleeping alone," she said. "You know me and Mom always shared a room. My room's too quiet."

It was rather inconvenient, but he said "no" to her as well as he held a grudge with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things with Cycl0n3 were going great. He even came over to the house when Kamil was at work.


He went to work in the afternoon and was gone usually until late. Varina couldn't stand the quiet house, so she invited Cycl0n3 over.


One thing lead to another, and they were soon giving her new (used) bed a good test. This was certainly something she could NOT do with Kamil in the house. Suddenly she was glad for his late night shift.


Things became weird the night he came home and caught her saying good-bye to Cycl0n3. Cycl0n3 was completely oblivious with his casual, "'ey, man. See ya later."

Varina was starving, so she made a stack of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Kamil sat at the counter reading his charisma book. He didn't say a word to her when she sat down next to him. For a short while, she imagined it would all be okay. Maybe she was making too much out of nothing. Why would Kamil care if she had someone over? He was always going out for drinks with his girls. And he was always talking about his girl problems with her. (Like that Patricia Wan-- she was nothing but trouble.)

"So what was that?"

"What?"

"I thought we agreed we wouldn't bring people home."

Anyone else overhearing the conversation wouldn't understand, but she knew exactly what he meant. He hadn't brought over any of his girls. Of course Varina was always home working on her paintings, so it was a rather nice courtesy he was extending her so she wouldn't have to hear anyone shouting his name and their deity of choice.

"Well, it was quiet. And you know I can't be in a house like this by myself."

There wasn't much more to say after that.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good night!" Varina hopped off the barstool, tossed her dish in the sink, and skittered off to her room before he could even attempt to come up with something to explain his behavior. He wasn't even sure what was going on with himself. Maybe it was all Patricia Wan's fault.

He raised a finger in the air after Varina had closed her door. There was plenty to say, but he really wasn't good at these things. Maybe Cycl0n3 was just using her. She shouldn't rush things with him. And why was this the first he was hearing or seeing about this guy? Shouldn't he be the first person that any love interest of Varina would meet for approval since he was her best friend and roommate?

He went to his room to grab his guitar then back to the living room to softly play. The rough strings brushing against his fingertips always helped focus him in a spot where the thoughts couldn't reach him. Maybe it was better this way. Things usually fell into place in his life. It was how things worked. But if things were being difficult, then clearly he was heading in the wrong direction. The next time he saw Patricia Wan, he would end it completely (after seeing if he could get a few simoleons off of her first). Then maybe he'd treat that cute new girl at work out to a few drinks or a movie.


It was a few hours later when a half asleep and partially terrified Varina climbed into his bed. "I had a nightmare," she said before she crawled in and fell asleep."

He was still vaguely aware of her in the early morning as the sun fell on his covers.


******************

The thing with Patricia Wan is that she was in a relationship with their boss, Hank Goddard. Well, I installed the Indie Stone story progression mod (which is now compatible with Awesome mod), and so while I was playing a pop up told me that she had gotten married. And Kamil wasn't even invited to the wedding!

Meanwhile, I've been watching their wants for clues. The picture where Kamil looks like he thought of something to say just a little too late, he was actually licking his finger and doing the "Hot" animation while thinking of Varina, but he didn't have any wants related to her. He did want to woohoo with Patricia though. His wants now are seeming to turn more towards a new person of interest who I know nothing about yet.

As for Varina, her wants are pretty cute. She hasn't had any romantic wants until she got the want to woohoo with Cycl0n3. Otherwise, she just wants to be his friend and talk to him alot.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That first picture fits the dialogue perfectly!

Aww, his lady-friend just up and got married! That sucks! But I think Kamil and Varina are just so cute together, even if they're never more than just friends... though I'm hoping they will be ;)

Anonymous said...

Having Indie Stone helps a lot, doesn't it? Like with your Leader of the Free World situation - it has really turned the game into what I think we all thought it was going to be.

Hmmm. Don't tell anyone this, but I think if I were a Sim, I might roll the want to woohoo with Cycl0n3, too. I'd probably wouldn't respect myself in the morning, though. Tell Varina to try to fight her urges. ;-)

The Lunar Fox said...

I'm waiting for those two. Now that story progression is fixed, I'm going to try running off to play another house and see if those two don't do something on their own.


Indie Stone is amazing. My sims were so boring before-- they didn't do anything and wasted their little sim lives getting random babies from somewhere (possibly through splitting in two for all I knew).

LOL Catherine. I'm a little worried that I'll leave Varina alone for too long and come to find out that she gets married to him. He is really an odd looking fellow without the hat, shades, or clothes.

Carla said...

Gah, I'm dying to install this Indie mod but the 1.27 patch won't work for me. :/ My game crashes. I want to try 1.3 but have to wait until Indie mod is updated for it. It really sounds like it makes the hood more dynamic.

Post a Comment