Three days?

Don't know why, I guess I've just been killing time. But it was three days to make three sims.

It started with this guy.





I'm calling him Luke right now. He is Kyrene's father. He knew Henri when they were both teens; I'm certain of that. But they weren't exactly friends. Though I see Luke as being somewhat laid back, even in his youth, so it was probably more like a slightly unfriendly competition between the two men-- err, boys really at the time.

And then the Revolution happens and they run across each other again, and together, the two of them were the founders of the Southlands. Now they're good friends. Luke is Henri's adviser and his partner, though his role is probably less visible.

I see him being a pretty intimidating man, very much like Henri. He can definitely back up his words. But he's also got that laid back streak that I think surprises people.


One of the surprising aspects of this man who is very much like Henri and at the same time very much not like him is the fact that he fell in love. So of course I had to make her.


I don't have a good name for her yet. Kyrene's mother was a complete surprise to him. She really came out of nowhere, and it was really lucky for Henri and Luke.



I don't think he was this nervous before in front of a woman or this nervous since.


I love her eyes. They're not my normal defaults. They're actually Tamo's Ultra Plain Tri-color Eye Contacts.



Luke, of course, required that I download more tattoos. I actually see him having a tattoo of some sort on his face. His hands have tattoos by Newone that say "Free Mind" which is actually very fitting and slightly important. I also downloaded a bunch of new Ambitions tattoos.

But there are a couple he's missing. The older Luke will have a tattoo ring from his bonding with Kyrene's mom that will match her tattoo ring, and I think I'd like to make that face tattoo. It's not going to be large, but very small.

7 comments:

J A Murphy said...

Ooooh, I love these backstory sims. I can see Kyrene in both of her parents, but her father I think intrigues me the most. What happened to take them from less than friendly competitors to working together to found a new civilisation almost? Was it circumstances? A mutual enemy? Or simply the adult realisation that the pettiness of childhood rivalries pales in comparison to the reality of the world in which they live?

The Lunar Fox said...

Oh her father definitely intrigues me too. I see him as being one of the few people who can probably make Henri smile. Even Jimmy and Brandon don't do that. Oh and then Brandon's relationship to this man! Now there's stuff there too waiting to be uncovered.

It was probably all of the above that brought Henri and Luke together. Of course, Luke is also laid back, so it wouldn't surprise me if he just didn't see a challenge of some sort or just realized that Henri was the one to follow.

Laura said...

Wow, his wrinkles are amazing! (I know, such a weird thing to say, lol!) But really, is that something you had to do yourself, or is that part of whatever life-stage he's in?

You really do make the most unique-looking Sims. He looks almost shockingly human for a Sim. Which I love! It's fascinating, like I can't stop staring at him, lol! I'm glad you spend as much time as you do making them, because it really shows that they're not just cookie-cutter pudding from the game. They're really your own!

And Kyrene really does look like a good mix of the two - her mother's eye shape, maybe her father's nose? Did you use any of her genetics as a starting point for them, or did you just start them from scratch?

Great history too, of course! I can't wait to see it fit into the story!

The Lunar Fox said...

lol! You know, actually those are with the game. They're under the same menu for freckles. Part of it is the life stage he's in though. The face mesh for adults includes some creases around the eyes and on the cheek and the age mask accentuates that part of the mesh. This character has done a lot of living! ('Course he's had to put up with Henri all this time. Maybe his hair should be more gray, lol.)

Thank you. I really have a lot of fun making these sims. It takes some getting used to though.

What I ended up doing for Kyrene's parents is actually using Kyrene as the base. I took the copy of her I had in the sim bin, and then changed out features. So her mother actually shares the nose and eyes, and her father basically only shares face shape. (I also did this trick for Pat's mom Rita and for Pat's dad who needs a bit more work.)

Rachel said...

Kyrene's mother is lovely. I can't wait to hear more about these people! I love Tamo's tricolor contacts and ultra plain eyes! I always back away from using the contacts too much, but I did indulge myself and use them on Nick and I'm very happy with the results. Very subtle. I found this while visiting to get your link to the body sliders. I'm gonna play with them after all. ;)

Carla said...

There are wrinkles in the game? You know, I didn't know that but I usually start my Sims out as young adults, so I don't think I've ever even looked at the CAS options for adults! And man, is that my favourite TS2 hair mesh converted for TS3 that Luke is wearing as an older man?

Anyway, two more fantastic Sims here! Kyrene's mother, whatever her name ends up being, is beautiful but it's Luke I find the most intriguing. You have such a knack for making Sims with such character in their faces. Whenever you describe the kind of person you view them as, I sit there thinking "Yes, that's exactly what they look like!", lol!

The Lunar Fox said...

Rachel, oooh! Have fun with those body sliders! I think I need to update one of my links though. There was a large set that was re-released over at MTS that had been in testing before.


Carla, I know! I had the same reaction. They're new, with one of the last couple of updates I think. As for the hair, I'm pretty sure it is. I got it from here. She has quite a few other hairs that I love but haven't managed to work into my story yet. (Most of the Wildlanders have some shaggy hair, lol.)

Thank you! A lot of times the character is created before hand so I know what they look like in my head. Luke though was probably about 50-50. He surprised me a little. I especially love young Luke. That boy definitely looks like trouble.

Post a Comment