The Village's First Fire Fighter


To those who know Alex, this is appropriate, right? How cute is he?

Thanks to Laura, I've been in a mood to build something. So I revisited my village. There are things that I don't like about it, plus I happen to now have some really neat hacks by Ani_ at MTS that I want to start using.

Now that we can actually put down lots and do some minor editing in game, I've been tearing up lots, and replacing some of the buildings I put in as place holders. So one of the first new buildings I put in was the fire station that came with Ambitions.


When I first popped in on Alex, things weren't going too well. Apparently while I was playing someone else, Alex got robbed. When I found him standing around in the park, he was not very happy. Stuff of his got stolen, and he was mad at some woman named Malinda Maroof who is apparently one of the homeless NPCs that wander around, because I don't know her.

The man clearly needed a change of pace. So he quit his job.


And flirted with the girl who sells food in the park. Apparently he's the town cassanova. (No seriously, it's a plug in that comes with Twallan's Story progression.)

He reported in for a half day of work as a fire fighter.


And he spent that half day working out because he has no athletic skill. Who knew? Some sims I cheated and gave skill points to. Not him though. Somehow he was missed completely. Poor guy.

So he jogged home.


The woman in the truck is another one of the town firefighters.



But in the park we found Malina Maroof that he was so mad at. She just looks sneaky, doesn't she? Didn't bother stopping to talk to her, but it's interesting to see her around town.

I didn't get pics of it, but Alex lives in a shack by himself with a single bed. It's a small house that didn't even have a bathroom. I added an outhouse in the back.


Alex lives completely alone, very much in the woods. Nearest to him is another run down house that's full of the local prostitutes. So I guess though he's lonely, he's not really alone. Though they're not the ones we want for him, right?

Doesn't he just seem lonely?



So for right now, Ruin saps pretty much all of my extra energy. Well, you know the energy I choose to give to it. It's not like I am always working on it. So I'm just exploring the village and the game and all my mods. As I'm playing, I'm taking notes of what is going on around town, just to test out the story progression.

So right now, using Speechless' method, each day is a month, age wise. With things on high free will, a lot of stuff happens! But I like that. I think part of my problem with TS2 became I slowed down too much. It is fun to play the same sims and develop their character, watch them grow. But that's why I write. To develop characters that I can play with and watch grow, who have secrets to impart to me when the time is right.

So then I figure I play sims to see stuff move forward. I like change, and the game still makes me laugh. Especially some of these pop ups. I'm not good at organizing, so I think I'm going to be a little all over the place because I don't have any set method right now. I'm just hopping around when I see someone I want to catch up on or when I get some particularly juicy notice about someone.

This play session actually started out with someone else.


On the 17th play day of my village, Paula and her mother moved into a more fitting home. I also found out that Paula hadn't been doing her homework, so she had to stay up very late to finish.

She had a few things on her mind. She wants to write a science fiction novel. They don't have a computer at the moment, so she has to do that at the library right now. She also wants to learn to paint.

And lastly, she wants to be friends with somebody. Right now she's enrolled in art school. (This is part of Twallan's Career Mod which allows for some interesting custom careers.) I don't think there are a lot of other kids in her school. So she's probably lonely right now. It's just her and her mother.

Oh, and Henri. But she rarely gets to see him. He is a great adventurer after all.



A couple other interesting notes: Kyrene got married. She became Kyrene Black, but the town bike (Audrey, who also happens to be one of the town prostitutes) seemed to get in the middle of that quick union. They were only married for a couple of months, and they divorced last night. Kyrene had been living with Henri (nothing funny, just staying there while she was getting her feet on the ground in town), and her husband moved in with them.

Well, last night, after divorcing her husband, she moved out and moved in with Jimmy and Aaron! Jimmy had been a romantic interest of hers before she up and got married. This Kyrene is very flighty apparently. And she's now left Henri with a strange house guest.



Last but not least:


I really am not quite sure what services he was offering, but it can't be good. I'm making a note to check on him and Henri next time I pop in.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Oh, dude, Aaron's the gigolo! Seriously, that's what that pop-up is! LOL. Imagine! Amberle's feeling a little lonely, apparently. ;)

I'm about to put my Jacob in the TS2 custom firefighter career and I can guarantee the uniforms are not going to be awesome like Alex's. Alex is pretty ripped for a guy who's never worked out before, by the way!

Always fun to read about the Ruin characters in their alternate reality. They're leading such different lives (especially Aaron, apparently).

That reminds me though. Paula is a teen, so how do you get around the game automatically trying to send her to school every day, in the world you use for the story? Do you let her go, do you keep her home and ignore the failing grades or do you have some kind of home school thing?

The Lunar Fox said...

LOL! Oh man, I had a feeling he would be something like that. The only other option was that Amberle had hired him to off somebody.

The uniforms are awesome. I mean-- yum! Yeah, seriously though, lol. He is ripped and not any athletic skill at all. We're fixing that though.


Ah, the school stuff-- you just have to remove the school. Though I think one of Twallan's mods does allow for home schooling. Or maybe it's another mod... but you get the homework off the computer.

But if you remove the school completely from a neighborhood, there are no repercussions. The kids forget they ever had school, their grades never dropped. I actually did that way back with Michael, Edith, Mark and Mel.

Anonymous said...

Whoo...Alex in that gear is freaking hot! Yikes. Sims are going to start setting fires deliberately to get him to come and "save" them.

Poor Paula and her homework woes. I forgot teens had to go to school when I was working on a recent photoshoot.

The Lunar Fox said...

LOL! It will be interesting to see who's that devious. No actual fires yet.

Well, they don't have to go to school. You could take the school out while they are doing photo shoots.

I'm half wondering if I should take the school out of my village. Hmm.

Post a Comment