CAS- You have to be curious

I will say that CAS is AWESOME. Really, who needs new meshes when you can recolor everything and there are tons of separates? (Ok, so it would get boring after a while.)

So making faces:

Photobucket

The first thing you see are the features you can select. You can use them as a starting point, or be lazy and just use them.


There is an advanced tab, so you can customize the features more.

Photobucket

Now, I JUST got this--see the circles on the mouth diagram? You can click on the circles to adjust a particular part. In this case it's between the upper and lower lips. But you get a couple of sub options when you select one part to adjust.



Eye color:

Photobucket

You can select from the premade colors.

Photobucket

Or more colors.

Photobucket

Or a color wheel.


You can do this for everything from hair colors to make up colors to clothing colors. Plus, when it gets to the clothing colors, you can even pick the hexidecimal number which is handy if you want things to match (like gloves and a dress).



Body comparisons:

Photobucket
This is my normal sim. She's a little on the plush side. Isn't she cute?

Photobucket

Here she is fat. See the face?

Photobucket

Here she is skinny. Also see the face? That roundness really doesn't go down.



More Awesomeness:

Photobucket

SOCKS! I'm a sock fanatic, so I love that I can give my sims socks and customize them.

You can even change the colors of the individual stripes.



Here's something else I thought was cute. The bathing suits have tops and bottoms. So do athletic wear, sleep wear, and formal wear.

Photobucket

Time for some game play!

3 comments:

Laura said...

The CAS looks really fun in this game, and the more I see people experimenting with it, the more unique Sims people are coming up with, and they're not all looking so similar anymore. I swear though, somebody HAS to figure out how to make some custom skintones and eyes.

I LOVE the different body shapes. That's one thing this game has over Sims 2, where our only options are normal, or weird deformed fat. At least chubby and fat in Sims 3 looks natural.

I SO want to give some of my ladies child-birthing hips, lol! :)

The Lunar Fox said...

CAS is really really fun, I must admit that.

When you want to give your sim a new look, you can create multiple outfits by going to the dresser and planning outfits. I haven't figured out yet how to save outfits I like.

And their hips are SO cute when you give them some meat on their bones. I love how she looked in that two piece swim suit!

Carla said...

I love how we can have separate options for more categories than just everyday. I always thought that was lame in TS2.

Post a Comment