Let's take a walk




And once we're there, since we can't put down any toys for the little one, let's keep her entertained!





Also, when a toddler learns a new skill, the music that is played is seriously ridiculously long and loud. Scared me when she became potty trained. I was frightened that something had gone wrong.

I tried to get a video with the music, but I was also watching Maggie who was in another part of town.


The game really does make it better for single story families. I'm thinking I will just need to find a new way to play. I might just have to give my sims up and go play another family.

I'm thinking once Angie ages up, I might give that a try just to see how much trouble the family gets into.

The thing is that once you let them go to do their own thing, well then they really aren't yours anymore. With the Sims 2 style of playing, you have an image for the character backed by wants and memories. These sims have no memories and their wants disappear when you pick another active house hold. This is really the only drawback to me.

So what if I see Angie as a sweet sim who likes pink? But she decides she's something else, and I see her around town in some crazy goth like outfit? XD



Well, I suppose the way around that is that sims now have likes. You pick a favorite food, a favorite genre of music, and a favorite color. So I suppose I would see Angie around town wearing lime because that is her favorite color now.

I am really tempted to try leaving this family alone when Angie is older just to see what does happen. Testing time!

3 comments:

Laura said...

"Find a new way to play." That's the most disappointing thing about this game, and what everyone seems to be saying again and again. I guess we just weren't prepared to have to find a new way to play, especially when they promised us we could still play multiple families. The previous Sims games were so open-ended and adaptable, and this one is just not.

But the thing is, the world they're living in really is a huge step up from the Sims 2, even if the gameplay has gone in a completely different direction. I'm sorry, I'm just whining, and I do want it all. Maybe I'll get what I want with future EPs.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what happens to them when left alone. Happy testing :)

mmmcheezy225 said...

I'm not making more than one family until a patch for the Story Progression is fixed. Apparently, it makes no difference if you turn it on or off. The sims still play without you.

So, for the next two weeks/months, I'll be playing a singular family. And oddly enough, I'm okay with that. :)

The Lunar Fox said...

Whine away, Laura, 'cause I completely agree! The world is wonderful. I love exploring it.

But I am disappointed that the multiple families thing feels like a lie. You either have to turn aging off so you won't miss a day meaning NO ONE ages up, or you'll have to let them age and miss days of their lives. (I think if I said that last bit to my boyfriend, he would finally check me in for gaming rehab.)


Cheezy, you're more steadfast than me. I totally need to play multiple families and hop around a bit. I get bored easily. XD

Post a Comment