Only one picture

For some reason, screen caps done with outsite programs are dark. (My CAS pics are all screen caps-- it's a hard habit to break.)

So I took all of my game play pics as screen caps using Gadwin. A hard habit to break I tell you!

Not a one came out. They were all black. *smacks forehead*

I only got this one picture of the family I created.

Photobucket

This is Norm and his daughter, Angie. They are husband and daughter to the sim I made in CAS.

Norm is an angler and a bookworm who loves the outdoors. His wife works hard so he won't have to, so he takes his daughter where ever he goes. (Except for fishing. I have to see if he can bring a toy along to keep her busy while he fishes at the local river.)


Last night, while I was playing, I wanted to send him fishing, so I kept looking for the community lot for it. It was early in the morning, and his wife had a few hours before work, so she could watch the baby.

All of the lots were too far away. So I kept wandering around Riverview, searching, and then I realized that there is a river that cuts through town about a block away from the home. Then it clicked that I don't have to send him to a community lot, I can just tell him to walk down the street and over the hill and go fishing in the river!

That was a big "OOOOOOHH." My boyfriend compared it to an MMO. He was sort of surprised that we couldn't go where ever we wanted before. Now if you see a hill, your sim can climb it. There are no limits.

It's going to take a bit to get used to and remember that!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I've seen a lot of people complaining about their screencaps coming out too dark. Weird.

That open neighborhood sounds so cool... *sigh* if only the rest of the game lived up to it, lol!

mmmcheezy225 said...

I just got TS3 and I cannot wait to play. Hopefully as the game evolves more (i.e. expansions) the graphics will get better. I remember the TS2 base game had lousy graphics compared to what we have now (Seasons, BV, etc.), even with everything set on high.

TS3 looks great, and I can't wait to play! (darn finals...)

The Lunar Fox said...

I'm wondering what the deal is with the screen caps. It's sort of like trying to get a screenie of a DVD playing on the computer-- it's just impossible. I really think it must be something like that, but i hear the in game camera is much better.

The open neighborhood is wonderful though. I'm with you Crescent, this is the base game though, so there is hope with future expansions. Remember how boring plain ol' sims 2 was? I actually quite playing after Uni up until Seasons came out. Then there was lots of stuff to do.

Once you're done with your finals, you can have a Sims 3 party! XD

ariwiedle said...

Oh my gosh. I just LOVE CAS. XD I made my wacky family. In my Sims blog I posted a pic in my lasted entry of the mom trying to fix the computer. She should really let the daughter lol.

The Lunar Fox said...

CAS is amazing and so fun. I really love it. I spend a lot of time in CAS making new clothes and stuff for my sims.

ariwiedle said...

I wish they would've thought of making TS2 like this. :P

Post a Comment